Monday, July 8, 2013

Bridal Shower for a new Sister

A few weekends ago, we showered bride-to-be Charlotte with love, gifts, and words of encouragement.  It was a beautiful event to honor a wonderful person who I am proud to call my future sister-in-law.  Charlotte and Steve, my brother, will be getting married this fall and we are looking forward to continuing to welcome her into our family. 



When we began planning the shower, I offered to make the cake/cupcakes (surprise, surprise!).  We were focusing on windmills and tulips as the main theme.  The maid of honor, Claire, had great ideas for this shower and I wanted to make sure that the cake lined up with her vision.  Charlotte's family is from the Netherlands so Claire based the theme on that concept. 



I began to look for windmill inspirations for the cake and cupcakes.  I even practiced various styles of cakes to find “the one”.  



I settled on a simple cake with a windmill banner, which I made using blue and white pearl paper (and matching buttons) to match the color scheme, and then using tulip cupcake wrappers to provide the windmills and tulips: chocolate cake and vanilla bean cupcakes.  
  


I was beyond excited to work on this and provide them for Charlotte’s celebration.





The shower was absolutely beautiful. Claire did a wonderful job planning the event and it went off without a hitch.  

Earlier in the day, we met at the dress shop and tried on our dresses.  Charlotte is going to look simply gorgeous on her wedding day.  We are all looking forward to celebrating Steve and Charlotte’s wedding and watching them grow through their marriage.    


Welcome to our family Charlotte!


1 comment:

  1. First of all good wishes for your happy wedding. Bridal shower arrangements done are really adorable. My friend also planned one for her sister in law last month. Everyone in white theme outfits and lavender shaded décor done were complimenting each other. Interior and walls of NYC wedding venues were full of lovely quotations and royal hangings.

    ReplyDelete